Request for Letters of Intent from
The Seneschal of Altavia
Unto the populace of the Barony of Altavia, Baroness Yssbell inghean Bhaltair, send greetings!
The Barony of Altavia is once again in need of Heirs.
The process of selecting the Heirs will be open for all to view. As with such matters, the first step will be reviewing letters from those interested in being considered for this position. Letters from such parties need to be in my hands by Monday, September 9th either by mail (contact me for the mailing address) or via Email You may also send a copy to the Kingdom Seneschal, if you wish.
The Letter of Intent should include the couple’s SCA and legal names, membership numbers and a description of why you want to be Baron and Baroness of Altavia.
- Deadline for receiving Letters of Intent is September 9, 2013.
- Potential Candidate couples will be introduced at September 10, 2013 Council Meeting. Candidates should be prepared to give a brief statement and answer questions.
- Polling of the Populace of Altavia will take place from September 16th until November 22nd, 2013.
- Announcement of heirs at Altavia/Angels Yule December 7, 2013.
- The Heirs will be invested as Baron and Baroness at Altavia Anniversary, May 10th, 2014.
For those considering sending in Letters of Intent, please keep in mind these guidelines:
- You must, of course, be and remain a paid SCA member for your entire tenure.
- You must be an active participant in the Barony of Altavia and intend to remain so. You must be able to travel to other areas to represent the Barony as appropriate.
- You need to be familiar with the workings of the SCA, both in our medieval timeframe and within the modern business activities. Having successfully held and performed the duties of a local or Kingdom office is an important qualification.
- You must be able to work with a variety of people having diverse opinions, personalities, and talents. Fairness and impartiality need to be hallmarks of your dealings with others and in the handling of baronial situations. You must consider the effect of potential decisions on the group as a whole as well as individuals, and act accordingly.
- Financial stability is important, as you will incur many expenses. There is no reimbursement for things such as travel and lodging. Kingdom and Corporate regulations also define what expenses may be paid by Baronial funds, and what you will need to bear from your own pocket.
- Consider the effect this position would have on your familial/personal/romantic relationships. If you are a couple, would your duties cause strains? If you are not, would you be able to work effectively with your partner, and would other relationships be affected, and how?
If you feel that yourself or another is qualified, willing and able to fulfill the duties of this Office, we wish to hear from you.
In Service, I remain
Yssbell inghean Bhaltair,
Seneschal of Altavia