Altavia has Heirs: THL Nikolaos Phaistos and THL Briana MacCabe will be our next Baron & Baroness
They will be invested as the 8th Baron and Baroness — Altavia Anniversary, May 12, 2018
The process of selecting the Heirs will be open for all to view.
Baronial Polling September 10 to October 10, 2017
We are starting the polling process for THL Niko Phaistos and THL Briana MacCabe to step up as our next Baron and Baroness.
Mistress Meliora (Altava’s Seneschal) will have the polling forms at fighter practice for the next 5 Mondays and at our next 2 Council Meetings.
Email the Seneschal if you’d like to be emailed the form.
You have to be a paid member of the SCA to fill out a form but you don’t have to live within the Barony’s borders, (you just have to play with us and consider yourself a part of the Barony!)
You can return it to the Kingdom Seneschal Master Christian de Guerre via mail or email. October 10, 2017 is the deadline to return your form.
REMINDER: This is not a vote. This is a polling of the populace to advise the Crown on the decision THEY will make regarding the next B&B of Altavia!
The polling comments are important, they inform TRMs of our thoughts and wishes, but the decision will NOT be based solely on those comments.
Request for Letters of Intent — May 13, 2017 Deadline for receiving Letters of Intent — August 1, 2017
- Letter of Intent from THL Nikolaos Phaistos and THL Briana MacCabe published on website — August 2, 2017
Potential Candidate couples will be introduced — August 22, 2017 at the Baronial Council Meeting. Candidates should be prepared to give a brief statement and answer questions. Polling of the Populace of Altavia — will take place September through October 2017 Non-resident Baronial members — Contact the Altavia Seneschal to be part of the polling
Announcement of heirs — Altavia/Angels Yule December 16, 2017
- The Heirs, THL Nikolaos Phaistos and THL Briana MacCabe, will be invested as the 8th Baron and Baroness — Altavia Anniversary, May 12, 2018
Request for Letters of Intent from
The Seneschal of Altavia
As with such matters, the first step will be reviewing letters from those interested in being considered for this position. Letters from such parties need to be in the hands of the Altavia Seneschal by August 1st either by:
You may also send a copy to the Kingdom Seneschal, if you wish.
The Letter of Intent should include the couple’s SCA name, legal names, and membership numbers, and a description of why you want to be B & B of Altavia.
If you are interested in submitting a Letter of Intent, please read “For those considering sending in Letters of Intent, please keep in mind these guidelines” below the TImeline.
In fairness to all who may be submitting Letters of Intent the letters will all be published on the Altavia website at the same time on August 2nd.
In that same spirit of fairness we request that the Letters of Intent not be published elsewhere before August 2nd.
For those considering sending in Letters of Intent,
please keep in mind these guidelines
- You must, of course, be and remain a paid SCA member for your entire tenure.
- You must be an active participant in the Barony of Altavia and intend to remain so. You must be able to travel to other areas to represent the Barony as appropriate.
- You need to be familiar with the workings of the SCA, both in our medieval timeframe and within the modern business activities. Having successfully held and performed the duties of a local or Kingdom office is an important qualification.
- You must be able to work with a variety of people having diverse opinions, personalities, and talents. Fairness and impartiality need to be hallmarks of your dealings with others and in the handling of baronial situations. You must consider the effect of potential decisions on the group as a whole as well as individuals, and act accordingly.
- Financial stability is important, as you will incur many expenses. There is no reimbursement for things such as travel and lodging. Kingdom and Corporate regulations also define what expenses may be paid by Baronial funds, and what you will need to bear from your own pocket.
- Consider the effect this position would have on your familial/personal/romantic relationships. If you are a couple, would your duties cause strains? If you are not, would you be able to work effectively with your partner, and would other relationships be affected, and how?
If you feel that yourself or another is qualified, willing, and able to fulfill the duties of this Office, we wish to hear from you.